Andrea Espinosa, a Professional Makeup Artist, doubly certified, and works with VVIP Costumers. The Colombian native has been gaining buzz on her Instagram, where she posts incredible makeup transformation!
You can find most of her works on multiple magazines such as Ohlala Magazine, Glam Magazine, Grazia Magazine, and Ahlan Magazine. Not to mention – she showcased various makeup works on fashion shows, photoshoots and TV shows in Qatar
Check out photos from Aemakeapp and my Q + A with her below.
- How long have you been a makeup artist and how did you get into makeup?
I’ve had been professional MUA for the past 7 years. My daughter encouraged me getting trained and certified as a professional makeup artist, as I always had had a great ability doing my makeup. Two years after we left our Country (Colombia) for my husband’s job, finally I took the decision to do it. Proudly certified by the best professional makeup brand http://www.caretas.com.co. Then I emphasized my studies on makeup for TV and photography in KRYOLAN Peru.
- Who are some people that have inspired you throughout your career?
Besides known personalities, who inspires me most is the entrepreneur woman, whom always get what they want using their talents and being persistent. That woman that never gives up to reach her goals.
3. Where do you get your inspiration from?
The hallmark of my makeup is to highlight the original beauty of women without changing their true appearance. To accomplish this, I am inspired by their personality and physical feature
4. What products do you think should be a staple in every woman’s purse?
• BB cream
• Phenomen eyes mascara by Givenchy
• Brow mascara
• Blotting papers
• Lip gloss
5. What mood do you have to be in to be your most creative when doing makeup?
I like to have background music, and I love when my clients tell me their stories.
6. What is your favorite look you’ve created?
An editorial look I did for Salam Stores Spring 2016 campaign.
7. If you could do Haina’s makeup, what look would you choose?
Lead tones smoky eyes
- If you weren’t a makeup artist, what would you want to be and why?
Actually I am Communicator and Journalist. I still love my career and put into practice when I have to write makeup and beauty editorials.
- Describe your signature look in 3 words
- What is your target market in Qatar?
85% of my market is Qatari community, of which some of my clients belongs to prestigious families including members of the royal family.
The other 15% of my work I have with the fashion industry, from which I benefit by getting material for my portfolio, as this I cannot get from my local customers due to the restriction that we are unable to take them pictures